4.02.2006

Featured Story: Lesley Allen

I was carrying my pregnancy quite well, I thought; the early stages of cravings and nausea led to me only being able to consume fresh fruit and veg, so I lost a lot of the weight I had acquired over the years, and my belly grew nice and roundy and had a lovely pregnant look. But by 5 months gestation, people were commenting "Oh dear, you must not have long to go now!" and when I said no and gave my due date, people looked at me in shock and sympathy. I even had a bus driver comment, "Girl, you MUST be having twins." Many people told me I was the "most pregnant-looking woman ever". Honestly, I knew my belly was big...did people think they needed to tell me because I looked like I was unaware? Sigh. The commentary weighed pretty heavily (no pun intended!) on my mind, and I started having dreams that my belly just kept growing until it was larger than me, another where my skin just spilt. Other newly pregnant looked at me in fright....

Hey, you be the judge: (Lesley Allen, @33-34 weeks)
lesley allen

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you look like the Goddess you are! Seriously, you are beautiful, and you definitely have that lovely mommy-to-be glow to you.

I had rude comments throughout my two pregnancies about how big I was as well. Most notably, my friend's sister felt the need to tell me *she* didn't look that big until she was 6 mos along with her first (this in response to my tiny 4 month bump I was so proudly displaying). What I felt like saying to her was that this was NOT my first. I miscarried my first at about the same point, so of course I got bigger faster this time. But I really didn't feel like sharing my pain with someone so rude.

The other one I used to get all the time: From about 7 months onward at least one person where I worked would ask me if I'd had that baby yet. No, I thought I'd just stay pregnant until she's ready to go off to college, thanks. It'll save us a ton of trouble. Yeesh. Some people, eh?

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your belly looks AWSOME!!!
It is a very original preggy belly, too!

: ) and you are just glowing.
Did you feel OK during your pregnancy? As long as you health and your baby's health are safe, who cares how big you get.

I'm 5 weeks pg with my second child. I wonder what belly I will grow this time...

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home